Who we are
Our congregation is made up of a wide variety of God's people, sharing our relationship with Christ in common. On any given Sunday you'll find children, singles, families, grandparents, and retirees worshipping together.
As stewards of the ministry God has entrusted to us, our church is currently led in by a Board of Deacons, a Board of Trustees, and various committees. Congregational involvement in the life of our church is energetic and essential for a healthy ministry among our own family and in the community at large.
We are involved in the Chester-Andover Ministerium (a group of local clergy) who lead a number of annual events (including Lenten services, Concerts of Prayer, and Baccalaureate services). We are a member congregation of the American Baptist Churches of Vermont and New Hampshire.
What we believe
- Scripture – We believe that the sixty-six canonical books of the Bible as originally written were inspired by God, and are thus free from error. They constitute the only infallible guide in faith and practice.
God – We believe in one God, sovereign Creator of all things, eternally existent in three equal persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We believe Jesus, the only begotten Son of God, was born, crucified, raised from the dead and ascended to heaven as related in the Gospels. We believe He will return to judge, restore, and reign over all things.
- We believe the ministry of the Holy Spirit is to glorify the Lord Jesus Christ and, during this age, to convict men, regenerate the believing sinner, and indwell, guide, instruct and empower the believer for godly living and service.
- Man – We believe in the value and dignity of all people: created in God's image to live in love and holiness, but alienated from God and each other because of our sinfulness and guilt, and justly subject to God's wrath.
- Sin – We believe that, man, through his fallen nature, cannot be in the presence of a holy God. In order to satisfy the requirements of His unconditional love and unconditional holiness, God Himself, in the Person of Jesus Christ, voluntarily bore the cost of our sinful character, redeeming His chosen by grace through faith in Jesus.
- Salvation – We believe that this redemption has been made available to all those who, prompted by the Holy Spirit, respond in repentance, and commit their lives to Him as their own sovereign Lord and personal Savior.
- Eternal Disposition – We believe, that while man's body is finite, his spirit is permanent. In God's timing, all who are redeemed will be raised to live in his immediate presence eternally, and those who are unredeemed will be separated from His presence and goodness forever.
- The Church – We believe that there is ultimately one Church, a fellowship of all people who belong to Jesus Christ. We believe that the Church is called to love, fellowship, cooperation, and accountability; that the Church exists as a vital Christ-centered community, and that it is commissioned to articulate and demonstrate the message of the Gospel to every part of the human race. We believe that the nature and activity of both the universal and local Church must, at all times, be defined by the Bible, must reflect the character of Jesus Christ, and must prayerfully rely on the strength of the Holy Spirit.